At S.C.A.R., our volunteers make all the difference in the world when it comes to holding successful events, and getting the word out in the community about our rides, and the cause that we ride for! If you’re interested in aiding S.C.A.R. with our events, please take the time to fill out the form below, and someone from our staff will contact you about upcoming volunteer opportunities!
A Few Do’s and Don’ts Before You Volunteer:
- Be confidential – any information our clients provide to you MUST not be shared with anyone else
- Be respectful of the needs of our patients and advocates – our clientele, other volunteers, and staff members as well
- Be on time
- Dress professionally – business casual when appropriate for the volunteering occasion
- Maintain professorial boundaries while volunteering
- Wear your name tag when one is provided
- Respect your commitment
- Remember to sign your name clearly as it is written on the volunteer application
- Prepare to have fun!
- Give personal information to our clients
- Wear inappropriate attire to our events or volunteer opportunities
- Make remarks that might seems offensive to our clients’ or advocates